Music Director: Pianist/Organist
Knox Presbyterian Church Alliston and St. Andrew’s Church Mansfield are looking to hire a Music Director to add to our team!
Knox Alliston is a mid-sized congregation with an average attendance of 80 (pre-pandemic) and a choir of 6-10 singers, while St. Andrew’s Mansfield is a small rural congregation. Our worship is a blend of traditional and contemporary musical styles with hymn singing participation by the congregation. Pre-pandemic we prepared and performed Christmas and Easter Cantatas annually which were popular by many locals and out of town visitors. We are looking for someone to add inspiration and creativity to our weekly worship through music as well as the occasional special event.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in playing piano and organ
- Experience providing musical leadership (ie. leading a choir/accompanying a congregation or soloist)
- Experience recording and video editing (not required but an asset)
Duties and Responsibilities
Please note: some duties are dependent on pandemic restrictions and may be adapted
- Prepare and provide music for weekly worship services for 2 churches including hymns, pre/postludes, offertory, anthem, etc…
- Prepare and provide special music for the seasons of Christmas and Easter including cantatas, and when necessary for funerals and some church social events
- Lead congregational singing, choir, and other singers during worship
- Hold choir rehearsals one evening a week and before worship on Sunday
- Encourage participation of musicians (vocal/instrumental) from the congregation
- Coordinate with minister regarding music choices for worship
- Maintain musical instruments (ie. Yamaha grand piano, Baldwin organ)
- Work with minister to arrange supply musician for worship during holidays
Remuneration will be negotiated based on RCCO guidelines and experience of successful candidate
Permanent Part-time position; 8-10 hours/week (subject to revision as needed)
4 weeks holiday per year
Sunday 9:00AM-12:00PM Worship
Thursday 6:45PM-8PM Choir practice
Time for practice with other musicians for worship
Time for self practice of hymns, pre/postludes, and offertory
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 31st, 2021.
NOTE: If possible, please provide an audio/video recording with application.