Music Director: Pianist/Organist
Knox Presbyterian Church Alliston is looking to hire a Music Director to add to our team!
Knox Alliston is a mid-sized congregation with an average attendance of 80 (pre-pandemic). Our worship is a blend of traditional and contemporary musical styles with hymn singing participation by the congregation. Pre-pandemic we prepared and performed Christmas and Easter Cantatas annually which were popular by many locals and out of town visitors. We are looking for someone to add inspiration and creativity to our weekly worship through music as well as the occasional special event.
Skills and Experience
- Proficient in playing piano and organ
- Some experience providing musical leadership (ie. accompanying congregational or soloist)
- Experience recording and video editing (not required but an asset)
Duties and Responsibilities
Please note: some duties are dependent on pandemic restrictions and may be adapted
- Prepare and provide music for weekly worship services including hymns, pre/postludes, offertory, anthem, etc…
- Prepare and provide special music for the seasons of Christmas and Easter and when necessary for funerals and some church social events
- Lead congregational singing during worship and occasionally other singers
- Coordinate with minister regarding music choices for worship
- Maintain musical instruments (ie. Yamaha grand piano, Baldwin organ)
- Work with minister to arrange supply musician for worship during holidays
Remuneration will be negotiated based on RCCO guidelines and experience of successful candidate
Permanent Part-time position; 4-5 hours/week (subject to revision as needed)
4 weeks holiday per year
Sunday 10:30AM-12:00PM Worship
Time for practice with other musicians for worship
Time for self practice of hymns, pre/postludes, and offertory
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
NOTE: If possible, please provide an audio/video recording with application.